Just a minor adjustment I need to make in my hips in terms of posture. Keeping my back bent at an angle similar to what I do now (to keep my centre over my knees), I need to pull my butt in just a little bit. The teacher last night told me that it was looking good and offered me that advice, saying that it would help connect my hips to my legs, thereby making my swivels even more amazing - I tried it once, paying lots of attention and it went from "oh, wow" to "WOAH!" She said it took her a long, long time to work on it herself, so here's to a long, hard, laborious road ahead.
The other day, I got a pair of $5 runners with cute flowers and things on them that I would be able to use as dance shoes. Need some duct tape before I can dance in them, though. Super excited about my new lindy shoes (NB: I find all shoes exciting, but dance shoes most exciting of all, closely followed by 4+ inch heels)!! =)
And yet another video. Watch the tandem sequence at around 1'58". I love the whole sequence, but the part that interests me the most is their transition back from tandem into lindy - it really looks quite simple (looks similar to a tuck turn), but the effect is great!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4C_BOY-heU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4C_BOY-heU
No comments:
Post a Comment