Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The importance of stretching

I am sure I didn't sleep wrong last night. Ow, ow, ow, ow, ouchie, ouchie, ouch. How the heck does one stretch their back? Right up there between the shoulderblades. Anyone? Please? D=

Mind you, it's a terrible habit of mine that I don't stretch enough... And when I do stretch, I usually do well before the act, but afterwards, forget it. Then the next day, I regret it. Sore mornings are kinda my thing. =/

Also, another video! I found this one because the folks at Swing Patrol Newtown are going to be learning the Singapore Stroll and I am super bummed that I won't be able to go and learn it! But this is Jumptown (Canberra's kids!) performing the Singapore Stroll at last year's Christmas party. =)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unhBF_8HCFs

Also, while we're talking about routines and before I forget the al and leon shim sham which I learned last year, I'm putting it up. Although in the version I learned, I think we put in some jump charlestons and one last break step before suzie-q-ing it out of there. Good thing I still have my notes! Gotta find some kids in Quebec who know this version so we can confuse the heck out of the other dancers when they have to freeze. I miss you Sydney Swing Patrol cats.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgEv6yJsvqk

No comments:

Post a Comment