I love that when I'm not doing something right or if I could do something better, I get told. I love that I get told what I'm doing wrong and how to fix it. I feel like I'm being pushed and I feel like I'm learning and I love that!
Also, I know I didn't update last week, but I did dance! We got told our partners and I'm pretty pleased with mine! =D
Anyway, here's a quick run down of the new aerial from last week - we started the around the world-ish aerial!!
Anyway, here's a quick run down of the new aerial from last week - we started the around the world-ish aerial!!
So things to remember:
- Honeymoon catch.
- Don't lose the prep step in a bog of waiting.
- Use your left arm for support!
- Keep your legs straight
- Crunch those abs
- Try to hold that L shape - Around the world (beginning)
- guy initiates with a crank to his left, so pull that right arm up to his left shoulder (you're gonna use it to help turn yourself)
- while you're at the guy's side, try to make it so your belly is facing the ground
- let go!
...this one needs a bit of practice in front of a mirror to get the feel for where you should be and how to get there.
I love that aerials look a lot harder than they are!
We also started work on the formations, but I would have trouble writing those out... Just trust me when I say that it looks awesome (which it does), 'kay? ;)
Finally, a video of the California Routine, performed to Jumpin' at the Woodside (which I have done fast lindy to in the past!!). That aerial at 1'13" looks easy and fun! And just as an aside, I randomly found this video, but do happen to know the guy that did that aerial. He is very tall, but you don't feel the height difference when you dance with him. I honestly don't know how he does it. If anyone figures it out, do tell!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YuF-xAp3og
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YuF-xAp3og
No comments:
Post a Comment