We learned a funky move today!
It's the move this link will lead you to (with the crazy turns ending with a pop out).
It's the move this link will lead you to (with the crazy turns ending with a pop out).
Things to note:
- Don't get too far away from the guy. It isn't comfortable and it looks bad.
- Keep a downward connection on the guy's hand (he should also be pushing up) as he turns himself under your arm.
- Put your left arm up so you don't end up with T-Rex arms!
- Search for the connection with the guy's right arm on your right waist/back/hip area and don't stop stepping, so that when he sends you out it will really pop!
Then we added some more steps to the choreography for the jailhouse rock and changed some of it, so I'll start from the beginning.
Start leads facing audience
wait upbeat and three counts of 8Four count pass by (no triples)
Skip step (not slip slops) for four counts
Swing out + fall off the log variation
Circle
8-beat tuck turn opening a further 90 degrees (instead of sending the follow back out towards the audience, the lead should send her to his left so they are "opened" to the audience).
Over the head on count 7
Both twist feet towards each other and bend down on count 8
Swivelling circle in pairs
On count 7, face the audience
"Step and" to the left for 8 counts
"Step and" to the right for 4 countsSlide trombone
"Step and" to the left for 8 counts
Kick behind (right then left)
Shake your head no (start to the left) for four counts
We also added a few steps to the Blue Suede Shoes choreography
Wait 4 counts
Point to the left
"step and" for 8 counts
...and I don't remember the rest. And it just finished like two hours ago. Man, I must be tired.
I really have to invest in a camera!
No video tonight because I'm super tired. You can watch Max and Annie dance it out up top if you really want. ;)
No video tonight because I'm super tired. You can watch Max and Annie dance it out up top if you really want. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment